2019 is almost completed, and as we head into 2020, IMBA is planning on bringing more value to you than ever before! While regulations coming out of Washington D.C. have eased up, companies and individuals still have to be able to navigate a very complex regulatory and legislative environment, along with a market that is being dominated again by refinancing. IMBA will continue to work to deliver value to you in the upcoming year, with up-to-date industry information, training, networking opportunities, and, advocating for the industry. We hope that what you read below reinforces a positive view of what we delivered to members this year, and makes our members’ decision to renew for 2020 easier!
In 2019 IMBA accomplished the following:
- Provided you timely updates on legislative & regulatory issues and proposals at both the state and federal levels, with significant of emphasis on keeping you informed of critical issues in mortgage banking
- Organized and executed a valuable convention that was attended by over 150 attendees, and featured 25 sponsor and exhibitors.
- Re-started a Production Conference that was attended by over 100 professionals from across the state
- Developed and introduced a new and improved website we are still working on to deliver more for members in 2020
- Sent three representatives to the 2019 MBA Advocacy Conference and met with both House and Senate legislators
- Provided you with specific information on the industry with regard to; home values and trends in the state and nationally, new housing permit activity, and, mortgage delinquencies in the state and nationally,
- Successfully represented your interests in the Indiana legislature, and,
- Put together and delivered our 7th Future Leaders Class
Heading into 2020, IMBA will be having another Production Conference on March 3rd, a joint meeting in March with the Indiana Land Title Association covering the Remote Online Notary (RON) legislation to be implemented July 1st,, the 2020 Convention at the Renaissance Hotel in Carmel, and more!
2020 dues invoices are set to be delivered via e-mail next week to all dues contacts. When received, please consider including a contribution to IMBA’s Political Action Committee (PAC) to ensure our ability to continue to effectively lobby your state legislators on your behalf!
Palmer Myers, IMBA President
Meridian Title Corporation